Friday, October 25, 2013

The Making of Creature Feature

1.Heres where I do the WRITING and THUMBNAIL layout.

2. Blow-up and LAYOUT the thumbnail on the computer using proper per portions.
Make boarders.
Draw things so they're a little more recognizable.



3. Make another pass tightening up the thumbnail even more. 
I'd call this more of a PENCILING phase.
4. Figure out a ROUGH COLOR CONCEPT. 
At times I can be dense when comes to color. 
Some times I'll reference another piece. Proud of my self, this time I figured it out on my own. 
It wasn't too hard, I took two complimentary colors Green and Orange and went from there.
That was my lesson here always start with a complimentary color combo.
5. Turn all my rough digi pencils to BLUE, screen them back and print them out.

6. Tighten up the blues with PENCIL, putting in small details, texture and finishing up the drawing phase.


7. INK, Ink, Ink. (Missing Photo)


8.then SCAN in the inked pieces and put them together as a page.


9. Then I put in the FLAT color based on my color rough.
Things start to feel how I envisioned.


10. Turn color off. Put in a couple of cell shaded SHADING values.


11. Turn on color and shading together. Then put in HIGHLIGHTS and lighting.


12. Add the captions and texturing Illustrator. Put in the LETTERING.
And that is it!


See a Larger Version HERE

No comments: